One of the best ways to attract readers to your blog (beyond awesome content) is to stay on top of search engine optimization (SEO) developments. Matt Cutts, a Google software engineer, shares what his team is working on and how it can effect your WordPress-powered website.
Maybe your blog is new or it’s been around a while, but is it attracting the readership you want? Here are some things to think about to make your blog more popular:
1. Don’t just talk about yourself your company.
There’s lots of interesting things that people are doing in your industry. Do you agree with them? Do you have a unique perspective others’ work and ideas? Share your thoughts about these happenings and take the focus off of you.…
The ContentRobot team has been monitoring the ongoing brute-force attacks against WordPress sites, which has been escalating in recent weeks. One or more illegal botnets are being used to attack WordPress sites by trying as many username and password combinations as possible in order to find valid login credentials. They are being relentless and can be used to shut down websites, be used to commit fraud, send spam, and more.
Threats from Login Attempts
Your server’s resources are being used …
We were saddened to learn recently that Weblog Tools Collection’s Mark Ghosh announced that he is leaving the popular site. We hope someone takes it over and continues the good work they have done so far. It got us wondering, where are the good resources for finding out about WordPress news?
Sites We Recommend
- Post Status – Brian Krogsgard’s neat WordPress news and link curation site with user submissions and a gamification component.
- WPDaily – John Saddington is doing a
Five lucky WP Daily readers will win an account for our BlogDroid hosting service.
- A fast, secure and reliable platform that oversees managed software upgrades
- Automated backups to cloud storage, one-click restores and user-created snapshots
- All of our servers are optimized for maximum performance – including server-side caching
- Multiple, built-in security features
- Servers are monitored 24x7x365
- Tools to create and publish staging sites
- A site preview feature which allows you to view a site on BlogDroid without making