As a nod to Valentine’s Day, Karen offers the reasons she loves blogs and blogging.
- Blogging is primarily writing, and I enjoy the whole creative process (from research to words on the screen) while crafting useful posts.
- I can provide an exclusive point-of-view while sharing my thoughts and views that say: “I’m uniquely me, and only I can tell this story.”
- I get to be a part of creating conversations, layered with both fact and opinion, that could be revisited, meditated, shared, commented, and extended.
- I am part of the new media world and work within a community of people whom I respect.
- I read other blogs for anything delightful, surprising, and thought-provoking so I can be enriched both personally and professionally.
- I like to finding new ideas, rethink old ideas, and be informed and educated by the hearts and minds of the best bunch of people I’ve never met.
- I get to work with a partner who inspires me to push the envelope and explore talents that are just waiting to bust out.
- I get to mentor clients who want to passionately communicate, collaborate, and impart knowledge about their companies and themselves.
- I can provide expertise to help others find their blgging voice for hobby blogs to corporate blogs and any blogs in between.
- I get to combine my passions and talents of writing and technology to enhance online experiences. What can be better than finding your bliss?
On this first day of 2006, we offer up these resolutions:
- Corporations and small businesses alike will resolve to embrace blogs as a way to connect with all the people they do business with (or want to do business with).
- Blog writers and editors will resolve to educate, share, provoke, and entertain with their blog posts.
- Blog software developers will resolve to continue to add more functionality to make it easy to blog and help spread blog usage.
- Blog publishers will resolve to launch blogs that are beautifully designed, meticulously thought-out, and well-run for the short and long terms.
ContentRobot wants to wish everyone who celebrates Christmas a very merry one … On that note, here’s what we are wishing for under our tree. Enjoy!
On the twelfth day of Christmas, my true love sent to me:
Today is the 25th anniversary of John Lennon’s brutal murder in New York city. I join the collective mourners by thinking of him today.
Why do I mention the former Beatle on a blog about blogging? Because I always thought that John would have embraced blogging and would have been a prolific blogger spreading his message of peace and love.
RIP Mr. Lennon. We miss you.