Our Favorite Plugins: Viper's Video Quicktags
Want to easy include videos in your posts? Look no further than the robust Viper’s Videos Quicktag plugin.
How to Use It
- Upon successful install, you’ll find new video icons in the Write panel.
- To embed a video, simply click the icon from the video site you wish to use, then copy and paste the URL that the video is located into the prompt box. This works in both Visual and HTML modes.
- The video will play upon click right inside your post.
- You can fully configure how the videos are displayed by adjusting for your blog’s width, height, colors, alignment, etc.
- Supports a wide variety of video sites / filetypes:
- YouTube (including playlists)
- Google Video
- Flickr videos
- Flash Video Files (FLV)
- QuickTime (MOV, etc.)
- Generic video files (AVI, MPEG, WMV, etc.)
Why do we love it?
- It’s easy to use - just click one of the video icons in the Write screen (rich editor included) and then paste the URL that the video is located at into the prompt box
- It’s well maintained – The author does a great job keeping it updated and compliant with the latest versions of WordPress.
- Works every time – The plugin never conflicts, always compliant, and every version we’ve ever used has performed beautifully